Chemex 8 Cup Glass Coffee MakerMojo Coffee Roasters
The Chemex coffeemaker is one-piece, hourglass-shaped, and made of high-quality, heat-resistant glass. This traditional model comes with a polished wood collar and leather tie. The collar serves as an insulated handle around the middle of the coffeemaker and is removable. Just place filter in top and measure out grounds, then pour in hot water and watch your coffee drip into the bottom.
- Open the Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex® method.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. Serve and enjoy
Recommended starting parameters:
- 36-42 grams of coffee
- Medium-coarse grind
- 600-700 milliliters of water heated to 200-205 degrees
- 3:30-4:00 brew time